The Renew Community is a network of Jesus communities made up of skeptics & dreamers scattered throughout Southeastern Pennsylvania.
The Renew Community is a Jesus community of hungry and hurting people scattered throughout the Southeastern Pennsylvania area. We are a community attempting to live out the fresh expressions and fresh extensions of the Story of God in our context. Because we see ourselves as a network of Jesus communities, the rhythm of our gatherings is purposefully unique.
On the 1st and 3rd Sunday of the month we meet in house churches in homes across the region. To find out more information about where house churches meet, visit our house churches page located under "Where We Meet".
We hold our large gatherings every 2nd and 4th Sunday of the month at 10am at the Boys & Girls Club (16 Susquehanna Avenue) in Lansdale, PA. On 5th Sundays, we take the opportunity to participate in service projects, worship services, potlucks and various other activities.
Ultimately, we strive to be a Jesus community who cares about the things that Jesus cares about.
Our values spill out from our lives and rhythms, not from a nicely written document. We express our values in several different mantras. Here are a few of them.
- There is only one rule at our church: ‘no perfect people allowed.’
- Life is best lived face-to-face.
- We want to be known for our sending capacity than our seating capacity
- Our structure must always submit to the Spirit.
- We are an ally and an advocate for our community asking ‘How can we help?” and “How can we serve?”
- We are missionaries cleverly disguised as good neighbors.
- We bet the farm on discipleship
- We care more about presence than attendance.
- Healthy community is not the absence of conflict, but the presence of Jesus in the midst of it.
- We are a group of people learning to pay attention to God and respond appropriately.