The Renew Community is a network of Jesus communities made up of skeptics & dreamers scattered throughout Southeastern Pennsylvania.
The Renew Community is a Jesus community of hungry and hurting people scattered throughout the Southeastern Pennsylvania area. We are a community attempting to live out the fresh expressions and fresh extensions of the Story of God in our context. Because we see ourselves as a network of Jesus communities, the rhythm of our gatherings is purposefully unique.
This summer we will hold our large gatherings every other week at 10am at the Boys & Girls Club (16 Susquehanna Avenue) in Lansdale, PA.
We meet in house churches the opposite weeks in various homes across the region.
Ultimately, we strive to be a Jesus community who cares about the things that Jesus cares about.
Our values spill out from our lives and rhythms, not from a nicely written document. We express our values in several different mantras. Here are a few of them.
- There is only one rule at our church: ‘no perfect people allowed.’
- Life is best lived face-to-face.
- We want to be known for our sending capacity than our seating capacity
- Our structure must always submit to the Spirit.
- We are an ally and an advocate for our community asking ‘How can we help?” and “How can we serve?”
- We are missionaries cleverly disguised as good neighbors.
- We bet the farm on discipleship
- We care more about presence than attendance.
- Healthy community is not the absence of conflict, but the presence of Jesus in the midst of it.
- We are a group of people learning to pay attention to God and respond appropriately.